Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Swim Lessons


The kids have swim lessons for the next two weeks. This is Delaney's first year to go. She had at least a hundred questions on the way to the first lesson.

When she was waiting in line to go in, there were several kids crying. I just knew she was going to jump out of line and refuse to go in.

She did go in and reported having a good time.

Today, I asked her if she was going to go underwater. She said she would not. I told her that if the swim instructor said she needed to then she would have to.

Delaney replied, "She is not my boss. You are the boss!"

I explained that I gave the instructor permission to be her boss during lessons.

She didn't seem too convinced.

I asked the instructor how it went. She said that Delaney had done well. I informed her that Delaney had a mind of her own.

"I am WELL aware of that! she said. She commented on how different my two kids were. No kidding!!!

No comments: