Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh Dear.... Strep!


Delaney woke up crying on Friday morning but would only say that she was upset with Joshua waking her up with his Korean drum.

A little after 10:00, I received a call that she had a little bit of a fever and was crying.

I went to pick her up at school and she was so excited. I figured that she had just been missing me and wanted to be home.

As the day wore on, she began vomiting and the fever rose to 102.4.

Phenergan gel got her through the night but Saturday she looked worse. A rash began developing and she began complaining of a sore throat.

One urgent care visit later and my suspicions were confirmed: Strep throat and Scarlet fever. Yuck!! Too bad I let her drink part of my drink Thursday evening :(.

Joshua has diagnosed her with what he is calling "the Korean curse". Hopefully the tickle I now feel in my throat is only paranoia. I guess time will tell. Wish me luck!

No comments: