Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New Pet???


Joshua came running in after school today. He said that he wanted to keep the animal he found outside as his new pet. Well he had found an opposum. Not exactly the kind of animal you would want as a pet. Not much fun to play with unless you are wanting it to play dead all the time ;)

It is a little baby and is in my flower garden. It is kind of cute actually. I looked up the facts on it and it is considered great for gardens as it eats snails, slugs and other bugs. I assume it is probably attracted to the June bugs that are running rampant around here. Hey, if it will clean up my side walk, I just might let it.

I have advised the kids to not touch it or go near it. I told them it will bite and carries diseases. After reading more, I find that it is not true. Well it might scare them enough to stay away from it anyway.

It looks like I am not the only one enjoying my new flower garden

1 comment:

MarylandMommy said...

Aw, he is cute!