Friday, April 13, 2007

Meet the Robinsons


After our guests left on Easter, we took the kids to see Meet the Robinsons.

The adoption community has not given it good reviews. To me they tend to be a little over emotional and P.C. about things. They protest quite often.

I did not have a problem with the movie. Paul thought it was good and the kids enjoyed it. Joshua didn't have much to say about the adoption theme in the movie. He said,
"It was good." Delaney doesn't quite get the adoption aspect of things at her age.

People were upset about the child being turned down by adoptive families while he was in the orphanage. Well, sad but true, it happens. Older children are harder to place.

The movie left me with the message that if the boy had been with his brithmother that he would have missed out on knowing and loving the people he currently had in his life.

I will say that Joshua has again expressed interest in trying to get in touch with his birth mother. I am all for it! I hope his wish comes true. I would love to one day thank his birth mother in person for the awesome gift of motherhood she gave to me.

No comments: