Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Zoe Gottes



I know one shouldn't teach their children that the best way to deal with the death of a pet is to just go out and get another one, but that is what I did.

I remember as a child that if a pet died then you just got another one.

I told the kids that I am still missing Abby and they definitely saw and heard me grieving last night.

I started looking at puppies last Friday when I had given up hope on finding Abby. My plan was to wait at least a month to make sure that she was indeed lost and never coming home.

After last nights tragedy, I decided to go ahead and pursue one of the puppies that I had looked at on Friday.

We went to look at the puppies today and found our darling Zoe (I am sorry about the name Rhonda-- I really like it though).

She was born on October 12th so she is only 10 weeks old. She is so sweet. She has been laying on my chest all night long. She is really helping to soothe my hurting heart.

No comments: