Sunday, December 07, 2008

Uncle Buck!


My Great Uncle Buck passed away last month after being diagnosed with Cancer. In his last days, he was comforted by many from his past that had already made it to Heaven. He would talk about his old relatives and how they were in the room with him. My grandmother did the same thing. I believe that our transition is made easier with the comfort of those that went before us. They welcome us home and let us know that they are ready and waiting for us.

Uncle Buck was more like a grandfather to me. My father's dad passed away before I turned two years old. We spent many a Thanksgiving at Buck and Joyce's house. It was always great seeing them again.

Buck was a character. You can read an article about him that his granddaughter wrote about him several years ago. He was such a loving man. He will be missed!

No comments: