Saturday, September 06, 2008

McCain/Palin




Wow, that is all I can say about McCain selecting a woman as a running mate. I think it is a great strategy. I am and always will be a hard core Republican. I don't think there will ever be a day that I will vote for a Democratic President.

It is funny because as a teenager, I was all for women's rights, including pro-choice. Let's just say that I have changed quite a bit since that time. I am more mature for one but I have also been blessed with two wonderful children that could have been part of the awful statistics of abortion. Praise God that their birth mothers cherished life and gave birth.

Day after day, I see little tiny humans that are only around 8-9 weeks from their conception. I am not sure how one can see that and say that the human that is moving and the heart that is beating has no rights!

As far as Palin goes, I admire her. She seems to have views close to my own. She chose to cherish what God had planned for her in her youngest son. She also is not ashamed to support her pregnant unwed daughter. Was it what she wished for at this time in her daughter's life, most likely not. It is what it is and a baby will be born and loved.

What ever the results are from this election-- it is a time of firsts and for that we should all be excited.

No comments: