Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chilly Night

Joshua had a fun night at school last night. The school held a free chili dinner and math game night. They also had door prizes and Joshua won a Yahtzee game. We already had one but he is so proud that he has one of his very own now. He loves that game.

Joshua and I were working on a pattern puzzle. I don't know if that is what it is called but it is where you have an outline of a picture and you place different shaped pieces (squares, triangles, trapezoids, etc) to cover the picture perfectly.
We were both working on our own Angelfish shape. Joshua completed it in a matter of minutes while I will still trying to figure it out. I was quite impressed. He is obviously very skilled at that sort of reasoning. I wonder if it is more of a Right brain thinking. He is a lefty. I am a righty. Maybe he is just smarter than I am :).

I have been very impressed with Broken Arrow schools. My mom was sad that my kids weren't going to Bixby like we both did but BA rocks! Yes, it is a MUCH larger school district but I have been very pleased with them so far. I think that student/teacher ratio has a lot more to do with a school's performance than the mere size of it.

1 comment:

MarylandMommy said...

Way to go Joshua...we love Yahtzee too!!!