Tuesday, April 18, 2006

6 Weird things about me.

1. When I clean the house, it has to be all or nothing. If I don't have time to dust, clean, vaccuum, etc, the entire house then I won't just clean one room. So basically my house is all dusty or all clean.

2. I am a germ phobic. I think this comes from being a nurse. I have to take a shower once I come home from the hospital. My shoes are left outside. Depending on the type of illness, I may even immediately wash my clothes. I have to clean my stethoscope with alcohol before I put it in my bag after work. I can not eat directly off any surface in the hospital, even the break room table. There may have been a chart there that had been in a patients room. I wash my hands until they bleed at work. Hey, at least it is "clean" blood ;)

3. I have to call home several times a day to see if there are any messages. Even if I am on my way home, I call and check. I guess I think that if someone is wanting me to do something then it is better to hear it while driving than to get home and have to load the kids back in the van.

4. I check my favorite web sites and blogs several times a day to see if they have been updated. If you have a counter and can see who has visited your page, you can bet I am the weird one that has checked it a couple of times a day.

5. If I have to change the setting on my alarm clock, I will check it several times and once more prior to sleep to make sure that I actually changed it and that it is still correct.

6. If I wake during the night and am unable to go back to sleep immediately, I start to feel real hungry and must get up and eat a snack in order to get back to sleep. If I don't, I will lay there for hours knowing that I am too hungry to sleep


Okay, I stop at 6. That is some of my weirdness. Let me know in the comments if you add a weird list to your blog. Actually I will probably know anyway since I check it multiple times daily.

No comments: