Thursday, March 30, 2006

ACLS - Over!

As a critical care nurse, I have to maintain my certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support. In the past, the renewal class was basically a torture/ intimidation class to see if they could unnerve you. It was very cruel!

Things have changed in recent years and it is not bad at all. But why do I stress over this renewal every two years? I study like a fiend as if I am learning it for the first time. Mind you, I have been current on this since 1991. After 15 years, you would think it would not be stressful. Maybe it is post traumatic stress syndrome?? I saw a lady that had been a nurse for a long time stressed to the max yesterday.

We all passed with flying colors and once again I walked away thinking, "That wasn't bad at all, why must I stress myself out over it every single time!"

I guess I can relax now for another 2 years!

No comments: