Thursday, July 20, 2006

Your Never Too Old....


to try something new!

The kids have been wanting to go to a water park that is about 40 minutes away. I talked them into going to our local pool. We have never been so I was not sure what to expect. I don't like crowded public pools for the obvious reasons. People can be so rude.

I called my mom since she says we never invite her to anything. I really didn't think she would go since it is hot outside. Have I mentioned it is hot here ;). I really didn't want to go but thought it would be a nice treat for the kids. To my surprise, she actually joined us.

Joshua wanted to go down the water slides so I went with him the first time. After that, Delaney wanted to go to the kiddie pool and I had put her off long enough.

I asked my mom to go by the water slide exit and watch Joshua.

Well, when I returned back to them, my 59 year old mom exclaimed,"That blue slide is really fun!" Excuse me?? I asked, "Did you go down it?". "Yes, I really enjoyed it." She said it was the first time she had ever gone down one. I guess grandchildren will make you do a lot of new things if you are game. We continued to go down the slides the rest of the time we were there with Delaney exclaiming, "Again, I want to do it again!"

A little outing that we both were hesitant to attend, we loved!

No comments: