Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I love my Church!



I attend Arrow Heights Baptist Church.

I was not raised in a Baptist church. When Paul and I were looking for a new church, we went to many denominations. We happen to attend Arrow Heights during a revival and I was hooked. I loved the sermons.

After a few years, I decided to try some of the Life Support Ministries. My first class was "Boundaries" by Cloud and Townsend. It changed my life. I now felt more secure about telling others "no" and taking care of myself. I have become a Life Support addict and it has changed me dramatically. I am more in touch with myself than I have ever been.

We also have Arrow Heights Adoptive Families! We try to raise awareness of adoption in our community. Our leader has even accomplished getting November designated "Adoption Month" in Broken Arrow!!

I also started going to Monday morning Bible Studies since at that time I was working on Sundays. They were Beth Moore Bible Studies. They are awesome!!!

When I changed my schedule at work, I started going to Sunday School.

The thing I love about my church: People are real, open and vulnerable. Once you see that others are real and have problems, concerns, etc, you have to become more real as well. The Masks come off and real relationships are formed. What an awesome place!

No comments: