Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ist Day of 2nd Grade



Joshua is off to his first day of 2nd grade. He did a great job getting ready this morning. I am proud of him.

We had a discussion with the neighbors last night. The other kids said that they are unable to remember things from three months ago. The fifth grade boy kept his face covered when we first came in to the house. I wonder why?

We set the rules for the bus stop. No name calling, no chasing someone unless they want to play, and no being mean and disrespectful.

As we talked about specific incidents, the brother and sister were quick to point out which one did the deed. I guess they did remember afterall ;).

I guess Joshua had been scaring the girls with Mummy stories. He is not allowed to talk about scary things at the bus stop.

Joshua still wanted me to go down to the bus stop with him this morning and stay until he was on the bus. He stuck pretty close to me.

Another neighborhood boy that only occassionally rode the bus but was another offender of name calling came to the bus stop. He was informed of the rules as well.

Joshua has been instructed not to call names back if name calling occurs or he will be in trouble.

I sure hope this works out!

Here are a couple of pictures of him this morning. I bet nobody else has a backpack like his:)

No comments: