Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Play Time


Joshua pointed out to us last week that we are not very good at taking time to play with them.

He pointed out that I like to watch TV in the evening and Paul likes to play on the computer.

The truth hurt but he is correct!

I promised that night that from now on I will spend 30 uninterrupted minutes spending time with each one of them each evening. 30 minutes does not sound like a long time but it is a start. They can either have me 30 minutes with him/her alone or they can spend the whole hour with me and his/her sibling.

Last night we built a volcano out of play dough and watched it erupt. We also rode bikes out front for awhile.

It really is quite refreshing to have playtime again. A time to focus on our relationship and forget about the chores, etc.

Are you up to the challenge??

No comments: