Monday, October 01, 2007

Trauma Seminar


After being off for three weeks, I hit the maximum amount of boredom that I could tolerate. I had always thought that I would love to be a stay-at-home mom. Maybe it would have been different if the kids weren't in school. I found out staying at home is not for me. After watching about 10 movies and dozens of talk shows, I was ready to get out of the house.

I obtained permission from my doctor to be released for work with no lifting.

I attended a trauma conference the first week. It not only got me out of my complacency of not expanding my nursing knowledge but it was an awesome conference.

We heard a great speaker the second morning. His name was Stein Rosqvist. He was a flight nurse that was the sole survivor of a Life Flight crash in Utah in 2003. He internal strength and determination to walk again was amazing. He stressed that you must look deep inside yourself to be the best that you can be. He was truly inspiring!

We also had a session with a company called Verbal Judo. The speaker was a riot! He taught us how to have effective communication in conflict situations. The company has several books available. I have ordered the books for Paul and I. Since Paul has been promoted to Chief Engineer, the books may come in handy.

No comments: